I write stories and pray with paint.
I believe art heals.
I believe you were created to create.
I want to help you find your pathway of creativity and devotion.
I want to help you remember who you are – a whole, creative being.
You are loved and you are love.
You belong here.
You have a voice and story that matters.
If you aren’t sure where to begin on your journey of self-expression; if you’re ready for the next step; if you want to let your love and intuition lead; if you wish to circle with the sacred feminine, welcome.
This is sacred creative living.
I’m so glad you’re here.
- My favorite meal is a glass of red wine, french fries, and chocolate cake. Followed by a strong cup of coffee.
- I’m an INFP and 4 on the Enneagram. My sun and moon are in Aquarius with Capricorn rising.
- I paint prayers, yours and mine, and create with the sacred feminine. Praying the rosary once saved my life and Mary Magdalene brought me back to church after a long time away.
- My work is all about helping women free themselves through creative self-expression and see the divinity within. Art-making is healing sacred work and it belongs to you.
- I believe that which we love says a lot about who we are, so wrote a list of 100 things.
“Lori-Lyn is someone made of the most beautiful, loving, gentle and unique kind of magic…Meeting her in the loving space she holds is like entering a shower of love and acceptance. Sounds corny, but is true to every word…In one word, she is incredible…I feel so very blessed to have found her on my path.”
I learn and I write.
I love to study theology, feminism, metaphysics, creative healing, and forgotten histories.
And I love to share my thoughts and discoveries with you.
You can read my archives here.
Here are a few of my most popular posts:
- She Said Yes
- Art and Money: Feeling Your Worth
- Love and Anger
- The Sacred Selfie and Claiming Space
- Praying With Women
- Dispatches From the Edge
- Love Abides
- Art is Prayer
- A Letter to my Inner Child
- Your Intuition is a Gift From God
Walk With Me
I see us walking together, lanterns in our hands.
Our paths may not always be the same, but we walk in solidarity with one another.
When you’re ready, here are some ways to engage with me:
Get the Art of Spirit Workbook and enroll in Creativity Coaching (a weekly conversation with me.)
Subscribe to my Sunday Love Letter.
Find support and inspiration in the Creating With the Sacred Feminine group.
You can read what people have to say about working with me here.
My Credentials + My Work
I have a Bachelor’s degree in studio art and a Master of Fine Arts degree in fiction writing.
I have been teaching and writing in a variety of settings for the past 15+ years.
- I write a romance series called Red Velvet.
- I’ve developed multiple online course curriculums.
- I’ve taught in churches, classrooms, and impromptu studios.
Let’s Work Together.
It’s my great honor to paint for you.
And this course is the perfect place to begin if your ready to pick up your paintbrush.
I live in Lexington, Kentucky, with a man and two pugs.
I’m a member of The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd.
I love to travel, practice yoga, go for gentle hikes, and take hot salt baths. I’m also fond of giant mugs of coffee, which I sip while barefoot on my front porch in the autumn with all the candles lit.
Or you can commission me to paint a prayer for you.
Now it’s your turn! Tell me about yourself.
Thank you for being here.
Education & Professional Development
- Living Compass Congregational Wellness Advocate Training, Sewanee, TN, 2017
- Theology Summer School, Continuing Education, Oxford University, 2016
- The Red Madonna, Shiloh Sophia McCloud, 2016
- The Red Madonna, Shiloh Sophia McCloud, 2015
- The Gospel of Thomas for Advent With Cynthia Bourgeault, 2014
- Sacred Landscapes, Continuing Education, Oxford University, 2010
- MFA fiction writing, Sarah Lawrence College, 1998
- BA studio art, Transylvania University, 1992
Exhibitions & Appearances
- Tarot: An Exhibition, the Bread Box, Lexington, Ky., 2016
- All the Buzz: Art Exhibition and Celebration of the Hive Mural, the Hive, Lexington, Ky., 2016
- Way of Sorrows: Stations of the Cross, Lexington, Ky., 2016.
- Cane Ridge to Cathedral Basilica, Art as Prayer: A Discussion Between Artists, with photographer Kopana Terry at ArtsPlace in Lexington, Ky., on March 12, 2016 at 1:00 p.m., as part of LexArts’ Arts Showcase Weekend.
- Untangling Mary Magdalene: Apostle to the Apostles at St. Paul United Methodist Church, Louisville, Ky., on February 27, 2016.
- Sacred Sites – Churches and Art of the Lexington Episcopal Diocese at Christ Church Cathedral, Lexington, Ky. Gallery Hop is 5-8 p.m. January 15, 2016.
- The Mother Mary Paintings: Art & God, an artist’s talk and exhibition, Soul Mates Gallery, Ewing, Ky., December 5, 2015
- Abiding With God Through Art, Rector’s Forum, Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, October 11, 2015
- Guest on the Clarity Now! podcast, October 2015
- Guest teacher in the Soul Sanctuary, January 2015
- Untangling Mary Magdalene, Rector’s Forum, Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, November 14, 2014
- Journaling the Chakras Workshop, Open Heart Yoga, January 8, 2011
- Red Velvet: A Romance in Seasons, 2016
- Bats, Chevy Chaser Magazine, January 2008, winner Carnegie Center flash fiction contest.
- A Wedding Journey, A More Perfect Union: Poems and Stories About the Modern Wedding, Virginia Hartman and Barbara Esstman, editors, St. Martin’s Press, 1999
- Bird Signs, Words Dance 13, 2013
- Revision, Motif 2, Come What May: A Collection of Writings About Chance, 2010
- All That You Touch, My Poem Rocks, 2009
- Suspension, Calliope, 2008; Third place in the Women Who Write annual poetry and short prose competition.
- Sleep, Harbinger, 1998
- How Praying the Rosary Saved Me, Over the Moon Magazine, 2015
- Mary of Bethany: Devoted During Darkness, Over the Moon Magazine, 2015
- Waiting for the Birth, Over the Moon Magazine, 2014
- Mary Said Yes, Over the Moon Magazine, 2014
- Who Was Mary Magdalene, Over the Moon Magazine, 2014
- Journaling as Spiritual Practice, Simply Woman, 2014
- Contributing Writer, 23 Ways to Live With Love, 2014
- High Art: Linda Wise McNay raises money for institutions she cares about, Transylvania Magazine, Fall 2008
- Profile of Dewey Cornell, Preventing Violence Before it Begins, Transylvania Magazine, Fall 2008
- Profile of Mandy McMillian: The Confidence to Act, Transylvania Magazine Spring 2007
I’d love to hear from you:
Send me your questions and comments. Request more information, suggest a topic for discussion, or just introduce yourself!